Saturday, April 6, 2013

Think cute, warm sweaters... in 70- 80 degree temperatures?



My mom is a smart shopper like me, but one thing she can’t do is buy a cute sweater in the middle of warm weather.  “I just can’t think about those kind of clothes right now, it burns me up just looking at it.”  I can understand… it is hard to get in the frame of mind to buy a sweater when it's 70 to 80 degrees out.  Not to mention, being a huge fan of springtime (my favorite time of year), the last thing I want to do is think about the cold temperatures and snow, but in reality, that time of year is approaching, so why not fashionably prepare for it, and cash in on the amazing deals in the process!  Allow me to explain.


Late last September, I went into a JCPenney and thought I had died and gone to heaven.  Racks on racks of gorgeous summer dresses, some retailing for $80, all $5 each.  Cute summer wedges and other sandals, retailing for $50... $2 each.  No, these prices are not a typo.  Needless to say, I walked out of the store spending just under $100 on over $500 worth of dresses and shoes.   I remember wishing that it was still warm weather.  Not only because I love warm weather, but because I wanted to wear my loot, LOL!  But instead I brought it all home, made room in my closet (barely) for my haul and smiled and thought “I’m so ready for Spring!”


The moral of this story, many department stores offer deep discounts on off season merchandise.  Why not take advantage of these deals and not only be prepared for the next season, but save a ton of money at the same time?  Summer items start to go on clearance generally toward the end of July/early August through Sept. and sometimes Oct.  Winter items start to go on clearance right after Christmas, through April and sometimes into May.  YMMV, but in my experience, usually the deep discounts can be found toward the end of the clearance, like me finding my great Summer haul at JCP in September.  Here’s a shot of all of them.  Good luck to you all, and I hope you’re lucky enough to score a great haul like this one.  Have you scored a great haul?  Feel free to let me know!     









No comments:

Post a Comment