Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Big Deal at Big Lots - save over 80% on Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Polish (product review included)

Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Polish, which is regularly $8.97 in other stores, is $1.60 each at select Big Lots stores!   Now that's what I call a sweet deal!

I had never tried this particular polish before.  To be honest, I have always loved regular Sally Hansen polishes.  But back when the crackle polish trend first started, I picked up a couple bottles of Sally's Crackle.  To my dismay, they did not work for me.  So that experience (along with the high price tag) made me a little apprehensive to try the Magnetic when it first came out.

Fast forward to a few days ago.  I get e-mails from Big Lots and I noticed that my local store was carrying the Magnetic for the "can't pass up" price of $1.60.  That afternoon I stopped by and bought a bottle in each color they had, hoping they would work, but thinking if they didn't at least I wasn't out too much money.



Over the weekend I opened the Polar Purple color polish (purple is my favorite color, plus it perfectly matched the color of the shirt I planned on wearing to work Monday) :-).  On top of the bottle is a removable cap which holds the magnet.  According to the directions, it is recommended that you apply a clear coat polish as a base, let dry then make sure to shake the magnetic polish well in order to activate it.  Then, apply a coat of the magnetic polish and let it dry (I found this polish to be very fast drying).

 First coat

Then apply a thick second coat to a nail.  Immediately use the magnet while the second coat is wet by placing the built in ledge (on the cap located below the magnet) just under the cuticle.  This ledge helps the magnet be as close as possible to the nail while preventing it from touching the nail/wet polish.  Hold for 10 seconds.  The first nail looked good, but I noticed the magnet didn't produce the design on the entire nail, just the left/middle area.  When doing the nails that followed, I moved the magnet from side to side, which remedied this situation.

Second coat after applying magnet


I am very pleased with the outcome and ease of use of this polish.  The design has a gorgeous 3 dimensional look.  In the future I plan on trying different tricks with the magnet and hopefully create different designs in the process.



I definitely recommend this product and suggest that you stop by your local Big Lots store and pick up a bottle, or one in every color, like I did. :-)  But I recommend you go quickly, sweet deals like this usually don't last long.  




No comments:

Post a Comment