Sunday, April 7, 2013

"Nailing" the deal - Salvage store finds & reviews

My finger and toe nails are ready for spring, thanks to our local salvage grocery store!

Salvage grocery stores can be great places to find deals on not only food products, but beauty products as well.  Our local salvage grocery store also sells products from a well known pharmacy/general merchandise chain.  These items are usually overstocks, items with slightly damaged packaging, mislabeled or old label items, discontinued items or items not selling well in regular stores.  I found the following name brand nail products at amazing prices.

Sally Hansen Salon Effects & Kiss Nail Dress - $1 each! (check out the original price tag still on the top Kiss Nail Dress box, regularly $6.99)



Both of these products are very easy to apply and look great!  Many people thought I had my nails professionally done when wearing these products.  One recommendation, after applying, apply a coat or two of clear nail polish to "seal the deal" and protect.  Touch up with the clear polish every other day or so to extend the life of your manicure.  My last one lasted 3 whole weeks using this method.

Essie & Sally Hansen Nail Polish - 3 for $1!

I love our local salvage store's 3 for $1 deals!  I have scored many nail polish colors and brands.  Here are some of my faves.  Of course I have used Sally Hansen for many years and they never disappoint me with their quality polishes.  I just got the opportunity to try the Essie brand after picking it up at the salvage store and it too looks great and is long lasting.  These are the only 4 colors in the Essie brand I've found (for now), but I hope to find more soon.

Which brings me to my next word of advice... if you are lucky enough to have a good salvage store nearby, find out what days they stock and try to stop in that day or the day after.  Or, if your salvage store stocks various times during the week, try to stop by at least once a week if not twice or more.  Our salvage store's stock is constantly changing... every time I go in to shop they are stocking.  You may just find yourself in the "right place at the right time" and find a great deal like the ones I found.  Good luck, and happy salvage store shopping :-) 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment